Types of headaches vary as much as the people who get them. Some people experience migraines which began in their teenage years, others, frequently office and desk workers experience headaches that emanate from the neck and a result of bad posture. Whatever the cause, these headaches can have a devastating impact on one’s life.
Types of headaches
Headaches come in several forms, and can be attributed to multiple causes. Here’s some common types that we can help treat.
Migraines are normally much more sever than other headaches and can cause periods of incapacitation between 4–72 hours.
Migraine sufferers frequently complain of:
- Severe throbbing headache, sometimes concentrated around one side of the head or eye.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Difficulty looking at light
The causes of migraines are diverse. They include:
- Hormonal changes in women
- Certain foods or food additives
- Physical factors
Cervicogenic headaches are directly linked to poor neck posture.
Cervicogenic headache symptoms
People suffering from cervicogenic headaches complain of:
- Pain frequently beginning in the neck spreading to the head.
- Pain most often, (but not exclusively) in the back of the head and over the forehead.
Cervicogenic headache causes
Cervicogenic headaches are linked to postural issues and usually a result of:
- Working long hours at desks
- Frequently driving long distances
- Working in a bent over position
- General poor upper body posture
How to ease headaches
Chiropractic treatment can reduce the frequency and intensity of cervicogenic headaches, and can help prevent migraine.
How quickly does it take headaches to improve?
This is one of the most commonly asked questions, and the answer is that it’s completely unique to you.
It also depends a lot on the length of time someone has suffered and on the principal causes. Once your chiropractor has completed the case history, initial exam and treatment he will be able to give you the best guideline of the timeframe for the results you desire.
Following a course of treatment patients experience a reduction in severity and frequency of headaches, leaving them feeling happier and able to work, rest and play like they deserve.
About your chiropractor, Andrew Robson
- We treat you as a unique individual
- Your treatment programme will be tailored specifically to you. There will be no ‘one size fits all’ approach
- Advice on achieving good posture at work and at rest
- When the time comes a personalised exercise programme to stabilise and rehabilitate your spine
- Nutritional and stress-reduction advice to complement your programme
- A safe, clean and welcoming environment so that you can relax
Book your initial appointment now
We are available to help.
Chronic headaches can have a devastating impact on quality of life. Don’t suffer needlessly. All sorts of people suffer from chronic headaches, affecting their professional and personal life.
Chiropractic treatment can help give you the relief you long for. Contact us today.