Low Back Pain
People of all ages and occupations can experience low back pain, ranging from a bricklayer on a building site to a retired pensioner who walks to the shops daily. In fact, over 80% of the UK population will experience back pain at some point in their lives. Whether it has come on quite suddenly or built up slowly over time back pain can be agonising problem that can lead to severe disability.
Low Back Pain Symptoms
Low back pain suffers who present to us commonly list several of the symptoms below:
- Pain in the centre of the low back area
- Pain to the right or left of the low back
- Pelvic pain
- Muscle spasms
- Pain in the hip
- Pain in the thigh
- Sciatica (pain traveling down the rear leg)
Low back pain Causes
People suffering from low back pain can experience extreme discomfort when carrying out simple daily activities. Here are some common examples:
- Lifting objects
- Driving for long periods
- Sitting for long periods
- Walking medium-long distances
Treatment of low back pain
Chiropractic is a scientifically-proven treatment for low back pain, supported by clinical trials and recommended in the UK’s NICE guidelines.
How quickly does low back pain respond to treatment?
This is one of the most commonly asked questions, and the answer is that it’s completely unique to you. The case history and exam on the first visit, coupled with your response to the initial treatment will give your chiropractor the best guideline on the results you’ll see and how long it’ll take to achieve them.
Chiropractic care in pregnancy
Chiropractic care in pregnancy is a safe and gentleway to improve comfort and minimise back painduring your pregnancy and to support the natural birthing process.
We consider chiropractic care a natural part of your prenatal routine – there is no time in a woman’s life that a chiropractic check-up is more important.
About your chiropractor, Andrew Robson
Benefits of our chiropractic clinic
- We treat you as a unique individual
- Your treatment programme will be tailored specifically to you. There will be no ‘one size fits all’ approach
- Advice on achieving good posture at work and at rest
- When the time comes a personalised exercise programme to stabilise and rehabilitate your spine
- Nutritional and stress-reduction advice to complement your programme
- A safe, clean and welcoming environment so that you can relax
Book your initial appointment now
We are available to help.
It makes no sense to suffer needlessly and hold back from getting treatment that would restore the quality of life you deserve.
Low back pain causes many problems, for all sorts of people. Chiropractic is a scientifically proven treatment for it. We have a qualified chiropractor and would love to help. Contact us now.