Many people suffer from arm and shoulder pain. This is frequently caused by postural issues elsewhere in the neck and back.
Most people who present to us with shoulder and arm pain complain of :
- Pain in the shoulder blade
- Pins an needles in the shoulder and arm
- Weakness in the effected shoulder/arm
- Tightness in the shoulder
Shoulder and associated arm pain is usually a result of postural issues in the upper back and neck. These cause pressure on nerves which supply the shoulder and arm, leading to pain. Poor posture also leads to mechanical dysfunction of the shoulder.
These postural issues are frequently caused by:
- A lot of time spent desk bound or driving
- Occupations or activities that involve a lot of shoulder or upper body work
- Carrying heavy bags mainly on one shoulder
How to ease shoulder pain
Chiropractic treatment is an extremely effective approach to postural problems in the upper back and neck that are the underlying cause of many shoulder complaints. Your chiropractor will also advise you on rehabilitation exercises to improve your posture.
How quickly can one treat shoulder pain?
This is one of the most commonly asked questions, and the answer is that it’s completely unique to you.
It also depends a lot on the length of time someone has suffered and on the principal causes. Once your chiropractor has completed the case history, initial exam and treatment he will be able to give you the best guideline of the timeframe for the results you desire.
Future cast: Following a course of chiropractic treatment and rehabilitation patients feel freed from shoulder and arm problems which held them back from enjoying their day-to-day life.
About your chiropractor, Andrew Robson
Andrew Robson is a qualified chiropractor, registered with the General Chiropractic Council and licensed to practice in the UK. Andrew is a member of the United Chiropractic Association.
- We treat you as a unique individual
- Your treatment programme will be tailored specifically to you. There will be no ‘one size fits all’ approach.
- Advice on achieving good posture at work and at rest.
- When the time comes a personalised exercise programme to stabilise and rehabilitate your spine.
- Nutritional and stress-reduction advice to complement your programme.
- A safe, clean and welcoming environment so that you can relax
Book your initial appointment now
We are available to help relieve your shoulder pain.
Shoulder and arm pain can get you down during the day, can ruin sleep too taking over your life. Don’t be a hostage to them! Get in touch now.
Many people suffer from shoulder and arm pain. Your chiropractor will look at the root cause of the pain and provide a long-term solution.